Week-end Vanquish Ride on Smok'em

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Smoke'em

Week-end Vanquish Ride on Smok'em

Post by Smoke'em »

Wildman see you got a jump on me. I got back into NYC last night and now to tell the story.....Vanquish is awesome....but that is an understatement. You cannot fully explain ride till you do it yourself. Here goes, you cannot crank open the throttle for at least a few days of riding to get comfortable with bike as it is a ROCKET. When you get to 125 MPH and power shift to D or 2nd..not an overdrive but powerglide tranny...holly shit...hang on as the acceleration from that point is frightening fast.....Got over 170 so fast it was HANG ON time. Steady as a bike can get at that speed. Ride is solid, not spongy and the low center of gravity is something that really works for a V8 bike...no manhandling here. There are now about 12 of these babies built and I believe that the bugs are pretty far taken care of...not many to begin with. I just jumped on the bike as they rolled it out of the shop and got with it....all very well indeed. The swing arm, bladder air suspension, bullet-proof transmission and handling are amazing. This bike just plain hooks up when you hit the throttle......I never quickly twisted open the throttle this week-end to it's fullest potiential....I need a few more rides to be comfortable and sane....as this bike is INSANE.

This is truly an amazing feat for Mike Kelly to have pulled off....great design but more important it just works like a swiss clock, especially the transmission. I have to just thank him so much for getting it right. He hired Tony a few years back as he was moving into making these bikes and Tony worked with Breedlove and Sabretooth V8's so this is a nice compliment team here. I just have to say that anytime you have a chance to ride one of these F-14 fighter jet motorcycles do not hesitate. I think Mike will be at a few more US events over the years so that some may take a demo ride. I am so lucky to own one of these....I have not slept well for several nights as I am so jazzed.

Kaboom...Aka Smok'em....AKA HIGH HEAD SPINNER

http://picasaweb.google.com/V8Motorcycl ... bqYj5rRtQE#

Need to now come back to life and work this week....enjoy the pictures

"Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?"