Vanquish Review

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Crazy Rick

Vanquish Review

Post by Crazy Rick »

I got to spend some time on a Vanquish Sunday. What a machine this is. I have heard great reviews from Wild Bill and Pete about this bike and all I could say when I got back from the ride was… “UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE”!!

The bike rides like a dream. The handling is unreal in the trusties. I could spend all day in the mountains with this one. The air ride rear suspension works extremely well and can be dialed in on the fly to suit the rider or the road conditions. This is one unbelievably great bike.

I can’t put into words just how good the feel of the bike is. I went through the twisty back Georgia roads with confidence and never scraped anything. Plenty of ground clearances and more if you want it via the air ride. After a few miles you could forget that it was a V8 as it rode and handled like something much smaller and lighter but with the blazing corner exit acceleration of 550hp.

This one has 550hp in an all aluminum 427ci block. The first time I rolled it on hard and slapped it into 2nd gear as I kept twisting the handle farther I fell in love. The transmission is a pleasure to shift and felt solid as a rock.

I must commend Mike Kelly for coming up with this transmission design for a bike so many years ago. As far as I know he is the first to put a real automotive racing transmission in a V8 bike. Looks like the bell housing and converter is his own design as it is very thin when compared to all the off the shelf stuff in the other bikes I’ve seen.

The whole bike is a work of art and at the top of the food chain. Great job Mike!

With all the great V8 bikes available to you now and more coming soon, there is no reason that someone could not find the right bike to fit their needs and taste.

Here is the link to Wild Bills review, he is a much better writer than I.
http://www.mybikeforums.com/forums/s...light=Vanquish

Thanks Billy for the ride and I never went over 150, haha!
CR
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/