Service restored to V8Bikers.Net

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Tom

Re: Service restored to V8Bikers.Net

Post by Tom »

I don`t post a lot but I do visit every day... Gotta say.. I missed you assholes. :mrgreen: Thanks for the site..
carburetormike

Post by carburetormike »

Hi Tom, I missed it to. I've got to post more of what I've found in my soap box.

Carby Mike

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter - don't mind... and those that mind - don't matter."
Tom

Post by Tom »

Naaa... Most know where to go for the techy stuff... Keep it real and raw I say. I wouldn`t change a thing.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Yeah I'm glad you guys are back up too. I check in every day also.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I visit this site every day also and I do enjoy anything V8 bike related . As far as the tech info goes , yes I enjoy the knowledge I have learned over the years from these sites and I do more or less know my bike inside out now but I also like sharing things I have learned with the new owners that are constantly joining us . Lets not forget how we were when we first owned one of these animals and had probably more problems with our older Boss's than the newer bikes do .

Jack
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

It's about damn time!!! :x Where the hell do ya'll expect me to FLUTTER if it's not here???? Don't ya'll know that I have to "flutter"! :roll: Okay I am done..Thanks ya'll for a place to come to and chat :D I hope Guru gets better soon.

BTY: Because of all ya'll..I am thinking that my car tag will read Bfly!!!!!! :D
Butterfly
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Butterfly wrote:It's about damn time!!! :x Where the hell do ya'll expect me to FLUTTER if it's not here???? Don't ya'll know that I have to "flutter"! :roll: Okay I am done..Thanks ya'll for a place to come to and chat :D I hope Guru gets better soon.

BTY: Because of all ya'll..I am thinking that my car tag will read Bfly!!!!!! :D
DONE!

HUSBAND!!!!!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Els

Post by Els »

Tom wrote:Naaa... Most know where to go for the techy stuff... Keep it real and raw I say. I wouldn`t change a thing.

Right on Tom! Couldn't agree more with your statement!

I also like what Jack D. wrote. I do tend to forget and I'm pretty critical and cynical of old tire/oil/windshield type stuff but the new guys are hungry for that talk and I were one of them..."in another galaxy a long, long time ago."

Fully, 100%, very grateful for what the Guru, WM, the Sheep Lover, and even Kim (just kidding ...for all the big block hard time you give me, that I love by the way) and all other folks responsible for this board have done and continue to do. Talk about a shitty paying, thankless job...this exemplifies it!

I especially appreciate the tolerance all give here for accepting what's said without getting their panties in too tight a wad and no censoring, editing, etc. Nice to be able to call a spade a spade these days without all the political correct bull crap. We are afterall, big boys (and girls) and bikers. I had someone blow me some crap one time about language because kids look on. My grandkid looks at Disney and Neopets. By the time it's ok to look here, an occasional *&@#$ or pic of a nipple won't amount to anything to worry about.

Again, my thanks for what you guys put together and continue to do. Somewhere I can go to bring a smile to my face these days is something of a rare commodity and much appreciated.

Elliot (a.k.a "Els", "Elsboss", "Elsbitch", "Elsass", etc.)
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I've own the same 2000 SB that I bought new in 2000 and I change , detail or improve things every year but every time I think I have my electrical system perfected and bullet proof someone comes up with a better or improved idea . I study it, research it and most times use the idea on my bike . So I think there is no end to what one can learn on these sites to improve their bikes and make them more reliable . It's nice to see a nice set of tits once in a while too . :lol: :o

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

Jack, can you imagine if ol' Fred S. were still in the group?! We'd have autopilots and self diagnostic electronics that we could probably get the parts at the local hardware store and do ourselves in the garage. Talk about electronics and a shade tree genious...

Elliot
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Elliot , yes , Fred was/is a genius and lot of us made our bikes more dependable and are still running some of his ideas . Another guy that I consider a genius and a friend is Neil Webber and I miss them both for their technical input .

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

Uhhh ohhh, you did it now Jack. I talk with Neil very regularly and now I'm going to have to kneel and kiss the Pope's ring when I next see him. That's sure to swell his head although there's no denying it...he's almost as smart as me...

...just kidding Neil! You're the head genious and I admit to being a butcher and a light weight.

I have a feeling Neil occasionally looks in but regardless, Neil's attention to detail is exquisite and as always, he prides himself on making a better mousetrap with reliability being the key component. Neil's V8Chopper is not only great looking but an extremely reliable 2 up machine. He and Robin have logged some serious miles and Neil's the one who convinced me you can have the V8Chopper set up to comfortably accommodate your passenger and not ruin the looks. His is dynamite and according to Robin, very comfortable.

I look forward to seeing the Webers as well as you Jack in Daytona. I was just informed by Dr./Mr./Professor Steve Barr that there's a bedroom at the Tropic Shores with my name on it. Missed everyone at Biketoberfest but looking forward to Bike Week. Hopefully, the crowds will be similar to what was reported in October. The folks there said the lack of traffic, getting right into restaurants without lines, etc was a nice change.

Elliot
Image Image Image
hossbuilder

Post by hossbuilder »

OK you guys, now my head won't fit through the door. I get on the V8 sites once in awhile but mostly I just enjoy riding and wrenching on my V8Chopper.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Neil
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Neil is one of the guys that I went to when thinking about a V8Chopper. I knew he was riding two up and I'd need to be able to do that also. Believe it or not, my bike rides even better two up than alone. The added weight on the rear tire makes it even more road friendly. Melba really enjoyed the several days riding on the back of that hard tail. She had many people come up and ask her what she thought and she only gave positive responses. We even rode I-95 some between the speedway and Ormond Beach and highway speeds was nice.