Rear Tire

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Orlando606VetteTrike

Rear Tire

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

When I purchased this bike it had the Avon 230 on the back. It was old due to the age of the bike (2000) and had fair amount of wear. So, I decided car tire and choose a BF Goodrich 255/60-15. Nice tire. Got like 5 or 6 K out of it with a fair amount of burnouts. So, recently I replaced with a Hankook 265/50-15 and noticed how much more it picks up on the unevenness of the road and how much more countersteer going into turns. But, I do like it. It has better grip doing burnouts.

Now during my tire change last time I replaced the seals that are located on the wheel spacers. When installing the new seal I noticed they wouldn't seat all the way down. It was close so I went with it. But this time around I measured with a venier caliper and found the cavity the seal sits in was .25 deep and the seal was .31 deep. Fortunately I have a good machine shop down the road and basically bribed the guy with beer he machined it for me within the hour. The seal sat perfectly. In the picture you can see where the metal was removed to accommodate the seal. All good now.
Attachments
IMG_0100.JPG
2008 606 Corvette Trike